Sunday 25 March 2012

Ducks and disappointment

Shrewsbury, yes AGAIN
The photograph above was taken from a footbridge over the Severn, while strolling back home from the town centre this afternoon.  It’s not the picture I wanted to take though.  While we were on the bridge a lady just behind us was pooped on twice by a passing duck.  She took it in good part (it’s supposed to be lucky after all) but, as much as I wanted to, I didn’t have the courage to ask her if I could take a photo.  That, I feel, would have been bad luck for me - I could well have ended up in the river.

After all this excitement the other-half felt the need for an ice cream.  Unfortunately the rest of Shrewsbury had beaten him to it.  There were about four lollies left in the corner shop and, after swearing quite a bit (I can only hope the shopkeeper thought he had Tourettes), he had to made do with a "disappointing" cornetto.  He was not impressed and insisted I take a photo of the offending article.
Can't see the problem myself
We had a welcome visit from the other-half’s twin brother and his wife.  There was wailing and gnashing of teeth over Wolverhampton Wanderers, discussion of the saga of the escaping cat and cake.

Tomorrow is blood test day and as long as that’s OK I’ll get my second lot of chemo on Tuesday.  Time flies when you’re having fun.


1 comment:

  1. Is it me, or have Cornetto's got smaller than when we were kids? Maybe, its just us that got bigger, and Cornetto's remained the same size? Either way, I'd have been disappointed too!

    ReplyDelete