Wednesday 25 April 2012

Readers, I married him ...

Mr Charm and Personality

Today saw another helpful suggestion from the other-half.  I was resting on the sofa (more on this excitement later) when he waltzed in to the room wearing cress on his head, asking if I’d like it as a wig.  He says he is thinking of bringing out a line of edible hairpieces – including strawberries and tomatoes for summer.  No doubt he will still also expect me to eat said cress even though it’s been on his bonce.  I must have done something terrible in a previous life.

The nurse’s warning about the after effects of chemo being cumulative was accurate.  It’s now eight days since my last treatment and although I feel a lot better than I did at the weekend, I still have to rest every time I do anything.  So today went something like had bath, had a rest, had breakfast, had a rest, made bed, had a rest etc etc.  Dull, dull, dull!

But maybe I shouldn’t complain about ‘dull’ after the latest cat-astrophe.  During the night, unbeknown to us, Cyril knocked a vase of flowers over a jigsaw in progress.  Result?  About 100 pieces of soggy disintegrated jigsaw and a cat in disgrace.
Who, me?

2 comments:

  1. I think watercress would make a good edible hair piece. If N develops that I want a cut of the profits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cress wig looks quite good, its what on his head underneath it that worries me! xx

    ReplyDelete