Wednesday 11 April 2012

Onwards



This picture (taken when I had hair) is supposed to represent me continuing on the treatment path although, with the way I’m walking, it does look a bit like I’d wet myself (I hadn’t). 

I saw the oncologist today.  But, horrors, it wasn’t the Anti-Doogie.  He was nowhere to be seen.  Instead I saw the head-honcho of the Oncology Dept.  We decided to call him Daddy Doogie (not to his face of course, we aren’t fools).  My CT scan has revealed little change in my condition.  My lungs and breast are about the same but there has been a slight improvement to my lymph nodes.  It would’ve been fantastic if there’d been a marked improvement all round, but, as I was convinced that things had deteriorated I wasn’t too disappointed by what Daddy Doogie said.  So my next lot of chemo goes ahead as planned on Tuesday (blood count permitting).  I will have another CT scan later to see how things are going.

In the afternoon I had more reflexology.  So my feet are all relaxed and happy again.  I thought today was my last appointment (the sessions are free provided via MacMillan) but I have one last appointment next week – so I shan’t be demanding foot rubs off you lot just yet, you can breathe a sigh of relief.  For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment