Thursday 19 April 2012

Egg head

What would I do without his help?


It's been a quiet day here at Discombobulated Towers.  I had planned to go out for a short walk but it was raining cats and dogs and rats and elephants for most of the day, so I chickened out.  Instead I made a start on the wedding day jigsaw, with the usual help from Cyril.

I woke up cold in the middle of the night.  I think it is due to me being a good 50% bald now.  My mum was right - she always used to say that you lose loads of heat out of the top of your head (usually as she plonked a hand-knitted delight on my head before I was allowed out).  Anyway I’ve got a couple of ‘sleep hats’ (and no they don’t have tassels).  So I put one of those on and warmed up in next to no time.  The other-half now tells me that waking up next to me is like waking up next to an egg in an egg cosy – is that better or worse than the eagle chick remark I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment