Thursday 12 April 2012

The good, the bad and the ugly (not necessarily in the right order)


The bad
This morning we went to Telford Shopping Centre.  It’s not really my cup of tea at the best of times (airless, over-lit and soulless) but I really wasn’t in the mood for it today.  Every single person in the place was annoying, loud and just plain wrong.  Why can’t everyone be the perfect superior being like me?  By the time we’d finished there the other-half and I were both double grumpy.  Oh joy.

The ugly
Also I’d decided to make the Telford experience even more of a delight by wearing my wig.  It was hot, itchy and uncomfortable.  As soon as I got back to the car I tore the wretched thing off and put on a nice soft hat instead. 

The good
After enduring ordeal-by-Telford we went for lunch at The Huntsman in Little Wenlock.  The building has been modernised to within an inch of its life but the food was scrummy.  And, more importantly, when we left we bumped into a Cyril lookalike only with the full compliment of legs, a complete tail and a much quieter miaow (see below). 
 
By now we were feeling much more mellow (half a pint of Peroni at the pub certainly helped) and headed back into Shrewsbury where we bought a wok.  The other-half, who has been doing heaps of cooking, now thinks he is the stir-fry king.  But, of course, a chef of his calibre can’t possibly cope with our sub-standard cooking equipment.  He found the wok he wanted … it was £62.00.  I was not impressed.  In the end we got one for £5.80.  Hey big spender.

We then had a stroll in the castle grounds (see below) then headed home for a cuppa.  My wild life.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment