Thursday 23 May 2013

Mop tops and cack-hands

Pony with a Beatles hair do, don't you think?
As threatened in my last post here's the photo of a pony with a Beatles hair cut.  His name is Little Ted (he belongs to my neighbour) but I think Ringo would be better.

Now for another photo.  Prepared to be stunned.  Sis no 2 arranged for us both to go to a crochet class at a local vintage shop.  I'd really like to be one of those people (like my niece) who can take a discarded bit of material and an old crisp packet and turn them into a ball gown before you can say reverse slip stitch (whatever that is), but sadly I have no crafting ability whatsoever.  I'm sure I must have tried the teacher's patience though she didn't show it.  Well, she did say I was cack-handed, but that's just plain accurate so you can't really blame her.  Anyway here is the photo of the result of two and half hours labour (and I had a lot of help).

.
You're impressed aren't you?

I went back to the hospital today to sign on the dotted line, giving my consent to going on the drug trial.  Now I have to wait for a bone scan, CT scan and ECG before getting the go ahead.  Watch this space.

6 comments:

  1. Is that going to be one of those "ladies with a bog roll up their skirts" toilet roll holders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know how much work goes into the bog roll ladies I will never scorn them again!

      Delete
  2. Hehe @dogcatchicken!

    You've done a mighty fine job with your crochet, because, whilst I might be able to sew, crochet I cannot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the problem is that you need about 82 fingers to be able to crochet. That's my theory anyway.

      Delete
  3. Little Ted is Jewish. I can tell by his nostrils. Maybe you should offer him your crochet as his kippah. Ask him - he will say "Yeah yeah yeah".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been on the Bob Martin's again?

      Actually someone has pointed out that Little Ted looks more like Rod Stewart - I can see their point.

      Ta v much for the card x

      Delete