Wednesday 9 April 2014

The unexplained


A mystery greeted me this morning when I walked into the kitchen.  The floor was covered in feathers.  At first I thought, with horror, that Cyril (three-legged monster cat) had finally got the better of his arch-enemy Fat Pigeon.

Fat Pigeon spends a lot of time in our garden, largely because I put bird food out for him.  Cyril hates Fat Pigeon with a passion.  He has been stalking him for months but, as Cyril has only three-legs and no wings, he's never got within a few yards of his prey.  Fat Pigeon watches Cyril's attempts at hunting with a contemptuous look in his beady eye.  This hasn't helped their relationship.

Anyway, when my eyes finally focused (it was early and I hadn't had my first cup of tea yet), I realised the floor wasn't covered in feathers, it was fur.  And black and white fur at that (Cyril is black and white).  However, Cyril was intact, unmarked and asleep on my bed.  While I was standing there dazed and confused Cyril lolloped downstairs from the bedroom to demand breakfast.  He sat amongst the fur looking very pleased with himself.  





I can only assume another black and white cat came in through the cat flap in the dead of night, had a very quiet scrap with Cyril, and departed with a lot less fur than he had when he arrived.  That or perhaps Cyril's opened a night-time cat barbers in the kitchen.  After all "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio".

Speaking of Shakespeare (see what I did there) my next blog for Vita has been accepted and will be online next week I think.  Rest assured I will bombard you with links.  In the meantime, the old one is here.

And while I'm on the subject of blogs, I've recently found some more by people with secondary breast cancer, hurrah!  That's hurrah for the blogs not the cancer.  I've added them to the list on the right hand side of this page.  So do have a look if that's your kind of thing.

6 comments:

  1. Hello from Chicago. Thank you for adding my blog. (ihatebreastcancer). I think you are terrific writer and look forward to catching up on your previous entries.

    All the best,

    KOB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh hello there! I love your blog so am completely chuffed that you've read mine and said nice things. Thank you! The forthcoming conference sounds fantastic by the way, am wishing it was a few thousand miles further east :0)

      Delete
  2. Hi Del
    I see you are HER2+. I am not (I am HER2-) but I wanted to share this Facebook group called Our HER2 Struggle: https://www.facebook.com/groups/196769673687618/ Many people in that group are on TDM1. Also I wanted to
    share this link to information and an online forum for HER2+ people of all stages: http://her2support.org/vbulletin/ I enjoy your posts and hope you will keep blogging. All the best KOB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again and thanks so much for those links - have signed up to both

      Delete