Tuesday 3 April 2012

Thank you!

Don't be fooled by this sub-standard photo, the gifts are lovely!

Since I last posted properly (yes, yes, I know it's doubtful if I ever post properly) I have been inundated with niceness yet again.  Thanks for the text messages and emails . I hope my secretary (the other-half) got back to you all promptly, if not please direct your complaints to him.

The postman has been busy again.  I’ve received scarves and a much needed warm hat in a lovely bag (ta S and J), a four leaf clover (ta S and P) both all the way from Australia, a touching heart from M and a spiffy card from C who’s been at the David Hockney exhibition down in the heart of darkness (London).

I’m afraid I’ve been out of sorts for a few days.  This is largely due to the side effects of the medication I take to counteract the side effects of chemo.  Let us say it has caused me some, ahem, ‘digestive distress’ (which is putting it mildly to say the least).  I shall now draw a veil over this, but if I tell you I will never be able to listen to a certain Johnny Cash song ever, ever again I think you will get the general idea. 

I’ve got a CT scan tomorrow with results the following week.  Must check my diazepam stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment