Wednesday 6 March 2013

Snoozing on the sofa

I'm back home, being pampered by the other-half, getting meals on wheels from sis no 1 and more cards, phone calls and flowers than I deserve:

Lovely, lovely, lovely.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I had a couple of fantastic handmade cards, one of which was covered in glitter.  The other day Cyril (three-legged monster cat) brushed against the card and was immediately coated in spangles.  Then he went outside to hang out with his rufty-tufty mog-mates.  I was worried that he'd get beaten up for being so flamboyant, but he strutted home (as best a three-legged cat can strut) in fine fettle.  I think perhaps he is a fashion-leader, so now I expect to see the other neighbourhood cats sporting glitter encrusted coats too.  It's the new spring look.

Anyway, I'm home from hospital and and am now officially an amazon.  Admittedly I'm a bit of a delicate amazon at the moment but I'm on the mend and making the most of sofa time before a truck load of hospital appointments next week.

I'll be pestering you again shortly but thought I'd let you know that as I drifted in and out of sleep after returning from the operating theatre (where I'd just lost* a breast) I could hear the other-half droning on and on to the nurse about his backache.  No-one suffers like he does.

*OK, seeing as the departed breast contained the malevolent cocktail sausage of doom perhaps 'lost' isn't the right word.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Della,
    Glad too hear your on the mend and back with your wonderfully wicked sense of humour. Thinking of you and sending you my love. Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete